Monday, August 22, 2011

A New Low

I hit my lowest moment of being a Mom on Friday. I was packing us for a weekend trip to Atlantic Beach with Tom and Amy and put Collins in the middle of the bed so I could run down the hall and get some beach towels. I open the closet door and then hear a loud thud and then screams. Collins had rolled off the bed!!! It was a terrifying moment. I scooped her up off the floor and she calmed down pretty quick, but I had no idea what kind of damage I had done. I called the doctor and they seemed to think she was fine, and then I called for some extra Mom advice from my Mom, Jen, Mandy and Kim who all assured me this happens a lot. I don't think I have ever felt as horrible as I did at that moment and unfortunately the bad feeling and image lingers with me still. She has acted completely fine since and the only visible evidence of the fall was a carpet burn on her knee. But trust me, I won't make that mistake again.

If that wasn't enough stress for the day, there was more to come. Once we finally arrived at the beach, Brian cracked open a beer and Collins lunged for it and cut her finger on the open tab of the beer. It was a pretty bad cut and it just bled and bled. It's not a good feeling to watch your baby bleed.

It's a wonder we didn't get social services called on us for our bad parenting on Friday. But lessons learned, I guess. Collins came through it all fine, but me? Still recovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment