Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Future Mrs. Bumm

Collins had her first playdate with cute Staley Bumm this past weekend. His Mom, Betsy and I worked together at Duke, and she is so fun to chat with on any and every topic. Betsy is full of interesting tips and helpful information- especially when we were both pregnant at the same time (she was 3 months ahead of me). I will always be grateful to her for her life-saving pantyhose tip. A few months into my pregnancy, I made the mistake of thinking I could wear non-maternity hose to work one day and quickly almost lost all feeling in the lower half of my body. In a state of extreme discomfort, I told Betsy and she was quick to advise that I simply needed to head to the bathroom with some scissors and make two small incisions on either side of the top of my hose- sweet relief!

We like the idea of a Fork/Bumm union because we want to be in-laws. Hopefully, Collins and Staley will cooperate. Here's what it looked like when the little ones finally realized they weren't the only baby in the room...






No comments:

Post a Comment