Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Nothing but Yard Work

What do you do when you can't leave house? Yard work is what. Good thing I happen to like this chore/activity. When you are stuck on the confines of your property, you take a long and hard look on how it looks and functions, and I realized our side yard needed a lot of help. We never went over there because it was thick with leaves and vines and was just a snake bite waiting to happen.

So while the kids played outside, I dug in and started raking, pruning and clearing. About 21 trash bags later, I had a path visible and guess what? There was a pretty brick pathway that was partially unearthed. I pulled over a few stepping stones as an inviting entry to the path, and my work was done! Now the kids could now run from the back yard to the front yard without me worrying AND it looked really nice. Of course I had lots of blisters and a sore back back now, but I was happy with our yard progress. And this was only the first weekend of lockdown. How much more yardwork could I get accomplished during the Coronavirus? Turns out lots more because there wasn't much else you could do!






No comments:

Post a Comment