Monday, January 15, 2018

Luke's Disastrous Actual Birthday

As good as Luke's first birthday party was, his actual birthday on Dec. 7th was that bad. Disastrous actually.

Let me explain, but first a cute moment...was getting the Advent calendar out and Luke was opening and closing the tiny doors (his favorite thing) and look what we found?? The card from December 7, 2016- the day he was born. Finding "You get a baby brother!" and seeing this precious boy in his Santa jammies one year later totally warmed my heart. :)


On to the disaster. I knew the day was not setting up to be a good one when I realized that we had not one, but two doctor appointments scheduled, Addie's last soccer practice of the season, and Brian was going to be out of town in Cleveland. Pretty much no special time for Luke. 

So we went to doctor appointment #1 where Addie completely flipped out on me. I won't go into the long ugly story, but let's just say she was screaming, Luke was knocking over trashcans, and I left that office completely humiliated. Then I got to go back four hours later with Collins AND Addie and Luke. Sigh...that appointment went better, but it was still no fun. 


Oh and look what Addie got? Her first ever medal! I wouldn't say she loved playing soccer, but she finished strong and I was really proud of her. She was thrilled to get the medal. 


After debating on whether to go out for a pizza dinner or order in, we made the choice to order in. Oh if only we had gone out....we got Hungry Howies pizza and two cupcakes and had a little celebration for Luke.



 

We realized we made the wrong decision when I woke up the next morning throwing up. Then two hours later, Addie started throwing up. Then two hours later, Collins's teacher called to say she had just thrown up all over her....OMG we got food poisoning from the pizza. Disaster! Thank goodness Luke never got it (he must have not eaten enough), but now we were left with a real dilemma. Brian and I were supposed to be leaving for Charleston that day for Adam Stockstill's wedding (in which Brian was the best man). Do we leave our sick kids with Donna and go? Would I be sick the whole wedding weekend? What were we going to do?!?!?

Oh and happy birthday, Luke. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment