Monday, July 3, 2017

Field Day

I think I was more excited about Collins's first field day than she was because she didn't know what to expect, and I remembered how awesome it was. It was one of my favorite school days of the year...partner races, class races, tug-of-war, bag lunch on the field, etc.

Umm, yeah, none of that happens anymore. I have to admit (not to Collins) that her field day was a bit of a let-down...for me. But no worries- she thought it was super fun! Apparently, elementary schools don't let the kids participate in competitive races anymore. Guess it's not PC or good for their self esteem...sigh. But still it was a gorgeous day, and Addie, Luke, and I loved walking up to school in the BOB and watching her class participate.

First station...bounce house?? See what I mean...things are very different now, but the kids loved it of course. Maybe bounce houses didn't even exist when I was in elementary school. Yikes.


Next, they got icy pops and then headed inside for some games in the lunchroom and gym...


The water-dunking station was by far everyone's favorite...each kid got a chance to dunk a classmate!


Collins was brave by herself...


and then she and Elizabeth decided to go back for more.




So needed on a hot day!


And Mrs. Dalrymple was sweet to send a picture she took of a "tiny kindergarten looking on with much interest". See Addie? :)




Next up? The classic soak-the-sponge game...



and then face painting. Look what my child asked to be painted on her face!


And finally, a good ol' fashioned sack race. Collins didn't like this one for some reason. Maybe she was over field day at this point, and ready to go back to class and watch a movie.



Collins and Reeves were in different classes this year, but got so excited when they ran into each other at school...


And to finish off the day...a class picture. Such a cute bunch.



No doubt this precious boy was the cutest one on the field that day...


So Lacy did things a little differently that St. Stephens Elementary, but that's okay. I still have my fond memories, and Collins now has some fun ones of her own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment