Saturday, September 19, 2015

Addie Goes to School

Can you believe the time has come for Addie to go to school? We still call her our baby, but she isn't one any longer. Proof? This was her first day at Ridge Road Baptist Preschool!


 





 It didn't work out for her to attend The Raleigh School because the way their classes work, and we had a great experience with Collins at Ridge Road. So we decided that would be the best place for Addie to get started with preschool.

She is in the 1's class with Ms. Kellie and Ms. Candler. They are sweet and warm, and I think Addie will love them. There are six kids in her class, and four of them are girls. I hope she makes some new friends this year!

I have been really nervous about her going to school because we have not used babysitters with her hardly at all. (That is one perk of having grandparents in the neighborhood!). But I knew separation anxiety was going to be a real problem for her. So the month before school started, we started putting her in the nursery at church to get her used to being dropped off. It went really bad at first and then got a little bit better. So when the first day of school came, I was prepared for the worst. She did cry when I dropped her off, but according to Ms. Kellie she calmed down pretty quickly and was fine. Ms. Kellie even took these pictures of her and sent them to me! I was so relieved.



Now Addie has gone to school two more times since her first day and each week has gotten progressively harder for her. She cried as soon as I pulled into the parking lot this week, and I got a call from her teacher asking me to pick her up early because she kept getting upset. Ugh...so hard. We will try again next week and hope she eventually likes going to school. Fingers are crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment