Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Big Girl Room Reveal

Collins has been in her big girl room for months now and is loving it. I love being in the space too because it is warm, inviting and colorful- a room that reflects Collins' personality and a space that she can grow into over the years. Finally the reveal...

Here's the drab guest bedroom before...


And the new big girl room after...

 
I love reading design blogs and seeing their source list for a room so I'll include mine as well. This room was definitely redecorated on a budget as you will see!
 
I wanted a warm pink for the walls and decided on "Bridal Pink" by Benjamin Moore. The bed is one that Donna and Marty had in their attic that we gave an extra coat of white glossy paint. The comforter is from Target and the shams and throw are from Pottery Barn Teen. I love the polka dot curtains that Donna (our fabulous seamstress) made. The fabric came from Fabric.com.
 
 
The prints are from Etsy (Collins loves the ice cream cone!), and the gold frames are $10 steals from IKEA.


The nightstand and the dresser (to follow) are from Revival Antiques here in Raleigh. We painted over both pieces and sprayed the hardware gold.

 
I love the little nook with the desk and the reading corner!
 

The desk was actually my Mom's when she was little. We gave it a pop of color with Benjamin Moore's South Beach paint.


The bookshelves are IKEA, the lamp is from Target, and the chair is from Pottery Barn Kids. Collins will tell you this is HER chair. :)
 
 
 
Inside Collins' closet is an impressive collection of tutus...ready to be grabbed and donned when the mood strikes.
 

I loaded down her dresser with pictures of her favorite people so she could see them and smile...chair and lamp are from my fave store Target.
 
 
This dollhouse (a Christmas present) is a favorite of hers in the room, along with the fluffy bed that just begs to be jumped on...

 
It is great to have a room feel "finished". Now on to the other rooms in the house that need lots of help! I hope Collins enjoys this one for a long time to come.

1 comment:

  1. This is an informative post review. I am so pleased to get this post article. I was looking forward to get such a post which is very helpful to us. Keep it up.
    I know something information, to know you can click here
    air conditioning brisbane
    air conditioning installation brisbane

    ReplyDelete