Monday, September 30, 2013

Collins's First Football Game (A Blue One!)

Collins is a seasoned tailgater but had never actually attended a football game until Saturday. I was so excited to take her to her first-ever game in Chapel Hill and thrilled to show her around Carolina- a place that is so special to me.

We made a girls day of it with Missy, Andrea, and Laura and started things off right with a pancake breakfast at Elmos.

 
Then we did a little shopping at Student Stores. Collins chose jewelry and a pom pom to accentuate her Tar Heel outfit.

 
I was worried that she wouldn't last the whole game, but turns out that watching cheerleaders, eating hot dogs and ice cream, and practicing her own cheers was a good way to pass four quarters.

 
She also kept a close eye on this guy, and insisted we go and meet him.
 
 
And we both got to pet the ram for the first time!
 
 
The football game itself was a huge disaster with Carolina losing to ECU, but our day at Carolina could not have been more fun. I was really hoping that an exciting Fall day in Chapel Hill might tip the scales a little more in the direction of Blue/White rather than Red/White.
 
But when we were leaving the game and an ECU fan came up to Collins and said, "Go Pirates!" and she looked at him and responded, "No- go Wolf Pack!", I knew I had officially lost her. Despite our best efforts, she appears to be following in her Daddy's footsteps. Maybe I have a chance to make baby #2 a Tar Heel???
 
Regardless, I will always have fond memories of our first Carolina game together. It was a special (and apparently tiring) day! Here's what I saw in the rearview 10 minutes into our drive home...

No comments:

Post a Comment