Thursday, May 23, 2013

Losing Control




I feel like the wheels are slowly coming off the wagon around here. We are losing control of our sweet little baby because all of a sudden Collins can "do it myself"! Here's what Collins can do now by herself:

1. Climb out of her crib- this one scares me. She does it with ease, I've seen her as she is scaling the top of the crib. Now there are no guarantees that she will stay in her bed once we put her there.

2. Open the baby gate- also scary. She is quickly mastering the staircase and can come and go as she pleases. Now I can't corral her to one floor anymore- she is all over the place!

3. Temper tantrum on the drop of a hat- this one is stressful. It's becoming a daily event, some times several times a day. I'm trying to take actions to prevent them from happening but am finding they are impossible to predict and difficult to stop once they are in motion.

4. Tell us exactly what she will and will not do- she now has the vocabulary to unleash directives and does so often!

5. Refuse to sit still during dinner- the wiggles during dinner are out-of-control. She can no longer sit still for more than five minutes before she starts dancing around the table, walking straight out the back door, running into the playroom. Usually I end up spoon feeding her because that's the only way she'll get any food down as she can't sit still long enough to focus on dinner.

I know all of these things mean that Collins a perfectly normal toddler, but it all seems to be coming at the same time and it's a little overwhelming! Good thing that when she's not doing one of the above, she's giving me a hug, saying something really funny, or playing nicely with her friends. Her charming moments still far outweigh her crazy moments- and for that I'm grateful!







No comments:

Post a Comment