Sunday, June 5, 2011

Random Sunday

On a recent Sunday, we finally got around to working on two projects we've been wanting to try for awhile. I've wanted to create hand and foot prints of Collins' cute little digits so we can always remember how tiny she was. I know lots of people do this type of art project so I'm not sure how I managed to make the whole process so complicated and messy. Check out our attemp at art- not exactly the museum-quality I was imagining in my head.

The subject...


Not so easy step one (she likes to clinch her toes at ALL times)...


Umm, let's try again...


Best we could get...


The hands just weren't happening so we gave up and got into the bath...at least we have 3 month old feet to frame.



For Christmas, Dad and Heather got Brian a meat grinder attachment that goes with the mixer. He has been itching to make sausage ever since. He did his research on the best way to do this, bought the meat and 3 1/2 hours later had some impressive homemade sausage. Not a quick project but tasty results...





No comments:

Post a Comment