Friday, September 18, 2020

Vienna Boys Choir

When I saw an announcement that the Vienna Boys Choir was coming to our church for a special concert the day after Dad's birthday, I knew that tickets to the show were the perfect gift for him. His love of sacred choral music runs deep, and what a neat opportunity to see this famous choir!

So Al, Heather, Dad and I got together in Raleigh for a special birthday dinner at Hayes Barton and then walked up to church for the show. Dinner was cozy and fantastic. It was fun being out together just the four of us because normally the kids dominate the dinner conversation. It was so seasonably chilly and festive walking to the concert, and even though we thought we were running late, we scored seats on the second row!

The first half of the concert was a mixture of music from around the world; the second half was Christmas music we knew and loved. The boys were so young and had crystal clear voices, and when they sang "O Holy Night" I got chill bumps. It was the best rendition I had ever heard. That was my Christmas moment right there.

What a special night and the perfect way to celebrate our wonderful Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment