Monday, May 14, 2018

The Craziness Begins

And so it began...the process of packing up our home. I started slowly at first and then gained momentum and then before I knew it no bookcase was safe! It was sad at first putting picture frames away and pulling artwork off the walls, but at the same time it was satisfying going through everything and deciding what should stay and what should go. I had already decided that we were not taking a bunch of unnecessary things to the new house. And so as I went box by box and closet by closet, things got thrown away and what a cathartic feeling that was!

Slowly the boxes began to build and build...

   and the kids took it pretty well using them as art desks, forts, and climbing structures.

But eventually tall stacks of boxes all over your house will slowly drive you crazy...

and we got there soon enough. I could not wait for the day to come when there was going to be "NO MORE BOXES!"

No comments:

Post a Comment