Sunday, August 7, 2016

A Morning Exploring Chapel Hill

As part of our summer bucket list, I wanted to take the girls to Chapel Hill to explore for the day. Of course, I was hoping it would be so super fun that they might change their minds about the Tar Heels...I'm not giving up quite yet!

We started our day at the planetarium for a show we were excited about- "The Magic Treehouse" space mission. Collins loves "The Magic Treehouse" books so to be able to watch a movie version of this was a real treat. Addie was a complete wiggle worm during the movie and constellation show, but did pay attention when we attended the live presentation about matter. The girls thought it was pretty cool when they set things on fire!


I took the girls to Sutton's for lunch where we ordered cherry aids and burgers. Collins didn't want to admit it b/c of all the Tar Heel paraphenelia hanging about, but she loved her burger. A few days later when we were trying to decide where to go for dinner, she said, "how about that Salton's place?" :)


I loved seeing the girls on my old campus...



I had the idea to take the girls to get ice cream at Maple View Farm. I used to love going there in college and thought the girls would think going to a dairy farm for ice cream was really cool. Turns out it wasn't quite as quaint as I remember and we couldn't get a good view of the farm, but we still got to rock and eat ice cream.


I'm so glad we got our Chapel Hill adventure in this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment