Sunday, September 28, 2014

Let it Go

Collins, like every other three-year-old girl I know, has a "Frozen" obsession. It's been going on awhile now, and it's not let up. She bursts into her loudest rendition of "Let it Go" frequently throughout the day, and is very specific about who can be her favorite character Elsa. You have to be wearing a dress and you have to have ONE braid not two (because that means you're Ana). Needless to say Addie and I are always Ana and Collins is always Elsa.

"Frozen" is actually the first movie I ever took Collins to see. I was worried that her first movie was going to be a B-list Disney movie, but boy was I wrong. Who knew that it was the start of her first Disney love?

Mimi decided to get crafty and secretly made Collins an Elsa dress. When it arrived in the mail and she pulled out the soft blue fabric- the emotion can only be described as sheer joy. :)



It didn't take long for her to fully accept her new role as Elsa. We were heading to Target, and she asked me if she could wear her dress there. I told her yes. Then she asked, "Mom, what if people think I'm the real Elsa?" :)


Mimi did a fabulous job with the dress, and made Collins one happy little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment