Thursday, September 18, 2014

Addie's Baptism

What a special day Addie's baptism was! We got her baptized on August 17th at the 8:30 a.m. service. I was nervous how she would do with the service being right in the middle of her nap time, but she amazed us. We decided to brave it and sit and participate in church instead of waiting in an outside room for the baptism. She wiggled of course, but she did not cry or scream or be anything less than adorable.

When the time came for the baptism, she never made a peep and looked at Pastor Rick with big, curious eyes. He must have been taken with her because he announced, "I think I'm in love." :) He said, "if the rest of the congregation members looked at me like this baby is looking at me, I would feel pretty special!". Everyone laughed, and then he said what an honor it was to baptize a child. He actually got choked up as he described what an incredible occasion it was- and we were all tearing up at this point! Then he walked Addie down the aisle as everyone in the congregation sang "Jesus Loves Me", and smiled at our sweet girl. Addie was a perfect angel the whole time. I was so incredibly filled with love for her during this touching service, and I'll always remember how special it felt.

Here are the photos from the weekend...guess who directed this dress-up session?


Missy got some great pictures from the front row!



Donna hosted a lovely brunch after church...




Thanks to everyone for making it a special day for Addie!

No comments:

Post a Comment