Monday, June 24, 2013

"What's Your Name?"

I'm pretty sure Collins is more outgoing than her parents. Despite being the product of two introverts, she is somehow extroverted (which is awesome!). I love that she is social and not afraid to talk to new people.

Her newest thing is to make a formal introduction. If we're walking around the neighborhood, the playground or the library, she now walks up to someone new and asks them, "What's your name?" Then she usually follows up that question with, "What's your Mommy's name?" I love that when she is asked the question back, she responds with "Collins Elizabeth". It's adorable.

I think it's so neat that she can now communicate with her peers, and they are starting to ask each other to play. The other day at the park, a cute little boy came up to Collins and asked in this tiny voice, "Would you like to go feed the fish with me?". She said yes, and ran off with him to the bridge. I was pretty sure she just got asked out for the first time!

Hopefully Collins will keep asking people their names and keep making new friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment