Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Word of Warning

A really scary thing happened to us Monday at Pullen Park. Collins was going down a slide and started screaming- turns out it was really hot and she got burnt pretty badly. Unfortunately, she was wearing shorts and it burned her calf and her upper thigh. After lots of doctors visits, we think she is going to be fine and there will be no permanent damage, but she was in a lot of pain and I have never felt worse in my life.

I should have thought about the slide being hot because it was sitting directly in the sun on a really hot morning. But it was a plastic not a metal slide, and the thought didn't even cross my mind. Others I have talked to have said the same- how could you have known?

So just a word of warning to anyone taking their kids to a playground. Watch out for hot slides- I don't want this happening to anybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment