Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Countdown Begins

We are one week away from the big milestone- Collins turns 1 YEAR OLD! It is a little ridiculous how excited I am about this occasion (don't ask Brian about my excessive party planning). I know she won't remember her first birthday, but trust me it will be well-documented for her to enjoy down the road.

I was reminded yesterday of the extreme changes and unique stages that make up that first year. I got to meet my friend Sarah's new precious baby boy, Mazen. He is about two weeks old and was wearing the tiniest pair of overalls I have ever seen. How amazing it is to watch and hold something so small and new to this world.

Then I got to play with Mandy's adorable little mini-me, Emma, who is 8 months old. I remember that stage- how thrilling it is when their little personalities start emerging and they are alert and happy at all times.

Then we got home, and Brian and Collins came out to meet us. My little one starts excitedly walking down the driveway, and gives Mandy a big grin and starts babbling. Then she examines Mandy's car tires. She could not be more curious or fun at this stage.

The first year whizzes by in a blur of cool new accomplishments, and you get to where we are now- the end of being a baby. I feel like I should be sad that this first chapter is over, but I'm not. I'm just excited to see what Miss Collins has in store for us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment