Sunday, December 11, 2011

Two Wow Moments!

I was still processing what happened on Thursday night when something even bigger happened Friday night. Here's how it all went down...

Thursday night, Alli and I took Collins to the Capitol Tree Lighting. When we got home, Brian was just getting home from work. Alli was walking out the door and said "Collins- Bye, Bye!". Without missing a beat, Collins replied "Bye Bye!". We all just stood there in shock like, "Did that really just happen?". Of course the next 10 minutes were nothing but us saying "Bye" over and over again in hopes she might repeat herself. Not happening. But the next day, I tested out the "Bye Bye" and got a whisper-like "Buh bye" from her in response, along with a smile. I think she said her first word!

So on Friday night, Collins and I were playing in her room and she was "cruising" around her crib (walking around it while holding on to the bars). All of a sudden she just let go of the bar and took three steps on her own, arms outstretched to help her balance. I watched frozen, hardly believing what I was seeing.  And as suddenly as it started, it ended with a plop down on the ground and a big smile on her face. It was an incredible moment.

I'm still wondering if it was all a fluke. It's fine if it was, but those are two cool moments I'll never forget. The fact that she talked and walked on back-to-back nights makes me laugh because she always manages to surprise us. She'll be 10 months old on Tuesday, and while I'm so excited for her to reach these milestones, I'm also wondering- is there anyway I can stop her from growing up so fast???

1 comment:

  1. We missed seeing you at the tree lighting! I am so proud of Collins's big news! Based on her solid teetering the other day, I didn't think walking was too far off!!

    ReplyDelete