Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Dear Collins,

I know you can't appreciate Christmas traditions this year because you are only 10 months old, but I just wanted to give you something to look forward to (or advanced warning) that next year and the 20 to follow will be filled with lots of fun holiday traditions. Mom will make sure of that. Here's what I'm thinking...

1. Christmas pajamas- once the Thanksgiving turkey has been gobbled, you will get your new Christmas pj's so you can get excited about the holiday season.

2. Advent calendar- I used to love this when I was little.

3. Cookie baking extravaganza- let's have an all-day baking session in the kitchen and then eat our goodies while watching Christmas movies.

4. A live performance- maybe the Nutcracker? Cinderella? A Christmas Carol? Let's go see a play that gets us in the Christmas spirit.

5. Light spectacle- your Dad is a master navigator of back roads around town and where to view all the best Christmas lights. We'll go for a tour every year.

This is just a partial list because I don't want to scare you with my over-active imagination. Let's just say I am excited to share this Christmas and all future holiday seasons with you. Can you tell???

P.S. We did manage to check one Christmas tradition off our list this year. You looked very cute in your Christmas pajamas.


Love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment