Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

There is nothing in this world I'm more thankful for than my little girl. That's the obvious when thinking about Thanksgiving and what I'm grateful for this year. After a little more thought, here are the other related things I'm giving thanks for in 2011.



1) Family...I'm grateful for the family we have close and the family that is a couple of hours away and how invested they all are in Collins' life. She will be a better person because she has their love and influence.

2) The amount of time I've gotten to spend with Collins this year.

3) Watching Collins' personality emerge- we're already seeing lots of curiosity, determination and happiness.

4) Parenting with a person who is smarter and more rational than I am. This comes in handy in the moments when you are emotional, scared or have no clue what you're doing.

5) A new experience. Being pregnant and having a baby has to be one of the strangest, scariest, most thrilling experiences a person can have. I'm glad I got to go through it.

Finally, I'm thankful that my favorite meal of the year is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment