Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Addie's Mother Day Tea

Addie was REALLY excited about her school's Mother's Day Tea. And after the rough semester we had at school, I was excited about Addie being enthusiastic about anything having to do with school!

This event is a long-standing tradition in the preschool at Hayes Barton. The kids perform several songs for all the Moms in the sanctuary then the Moms/kids are treated to a lovely lunch in the fellowship hall.

Addie had been telling me (but not telling me because it was a secret) about it for weeks. She went into her closet to practice singing the songs...umm, precious! Down the hall I heard her tiny voice singing, "I wish I had a little red box to put my Mommy in...." That moment alone made my Mother's Day!

So she was ready for the big performance...




 So proud of her for standing up in front of everybody and doing such a good job...

 We ate lunch together and talked with Ms. Karen about our summer plans...

 and then I got to see the goodies Addie had made for me. Loved her self-portrait...


 and her very accurate (besides the age 65 part) answers to questions about her Mommy.

And finally she got to give me the pin she had made me. She was so proud of it and so excited for me to wear it. Apparently the 3's class has been making heart pins for their moms for decades...so glad I got mine. A special morning spent with a special daughter!




No comments:

Post a Comment