Sunday, July 5, 2015

Father's Day

I felt pressure to make Father's Day really special because 1) Brian is an amazing Dad and 2) because he knocked it out of the park on Mother's Day. Seeing how we had just gotten back from vacation and I had to go help set up Bible School, it wasn't easy to put the planning into it that I wanted. But in the end, I decided that time with his girls, good food and a Steph Curry shirt were the way to go.

I tried a new recipe for breakfast from my new favorite cookbook "Huckleberry". It was eggs baked in beer. :)


We took a bike ride on the greenway- it was exciting that Brian could actually ride a bike!


And then we checked out the waterfall at the end of the Lassiter Mill trail. 


Addie is really into hats (especially other people's). 


We thought Brian needed an updated Steph Curry shirt...he agreed. We also got him a new tailgating table which was desperately needed.



I asked Brian if he wanted to take the night off from cooking, and he was quick to answer "no". Instead, he made a homemade bolognese sauce using steak. Delicious!


My final treat for him was a blackberry cobbler cooked in a cast iron skillet...it turned out that it looked prettier than it tasted. But still a blackberry cobbler can only be so bad.


It was a great day celebrating our favorite Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment