Friday, November 22, 2013

Bake Sale is in the Books!

The big project I've been working on for the past three months is officially in the books- hooray! I really enjoyed co-chairing the Bake Sale at church for the first time, but man, it was a lot of work. More than you would envision for a church Bake Sale that is for sure! Meetings during preschool time, cooking parties at night, and lots of communication about the coveted lemon tarts and yeast rolls has occupied a lot of my time lately. I was happy to get through this one!

The Bake Sale went great logistically, and women were lined up an hour before our doors opened. We survived the initial surge where determined women with large shopping bags grabbed up every soup, casserole and baked good in sight! I was proud of how smoothly everything went, but was disappointed when I got our initial numbers. It wasn't as much money as I hoped to raise. I have yet to get the final number, but I know it is a significant amount of money that will all go towards helping people in the community. So for that, I am thankful. I am also thankful that I can now focus on the upcoming holidays and the baby who will arrive right around the corner!




No comments:

Post a Comment