Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Season of Change

I think Collins and I are both feeling the effects of the changes happening in our family. We could not be more excited to add another little lady around here, but change can also bring on all kinds of emotion.

The farther my belly expands, the tighter Collins's grip gets on my hand. She senses the change coming, and has been a lot more clingy than usual lately. I can't say that I mind all the extra hand holding at this point!

I am in the final stages of finishing Collins's big girl room and spent time this week moving a bunch of her clothes over from the nursery to her new room. I have to say it made me a little sad to clean out her nursery closet. I have loved her nursery and am excited for her sister to use it, but it was strange to remove all the traces of Collins from that space!

Brian went to Texas last weekend to visit a friend and go to a football game, so Collins and I had a girls-only weekend. I know we get plenty of girl time on a day-to-day basis, but having a whole weekend to ourselves felt special. I cherished our time together and made sure we did plenty of neat things including Collins's first doughnut and first movie! We saw the Halloween movie "Room on the Broom" at IMAX, and she loved it (although didn't weigh enough to fully push down her bottom seat!).

I start my final trimester this week, and I feel like the countdown can officially begin! We are going to spend the next three months getting Collins used to her new room, cherishing our time with her before our attention is divided, and coming to a decision on a name for our new baby!

Here is the funny reaction her first Krispy Kreme got. :)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment