Friday, January 25, 2013

Independent Woman

On Wednesday we had a preschool first. When we got to Collins's classroom instead of acting shy by putting her head on my shoulder or whimpering and being uncertain about getting down, Collins bounded out of my arms and went straight to playing with a train. I barely got a glance backward (let alone a hug) as I said goodbye and walked out of the room. The same thing happened when I went back to pick her up. She was playing independently and barely acknowledged my arrival. She finally smiled and came around and gave me a hug.

My feelings were a little hurt at first, but as Mom rightly pointed out- isn't that why she's in preschool in the first place? To gain a little independence? My little lady is growing up! I'm so excited to see this confidence in her and to know what a good experience preschool has been for her this year.

Here she is this week donning her new angel wings...

No comments:

Post a Comment