Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Toddler Times

Parenting a toddler is an interesting thing.

I love this stage in Collins's life for many reasons- her curiosity, her excitement, her expanding vocabulary, her ability to soak up all kinds of new information, her energy. When she is not trying to say a new word (high ho's=high heels), she is either sprinting down the hall or giving us a hug. She is so fun.

Of course it's never all easy or perfect, and we're learning what makes this age so trying too- her frustrations from not being able to communicate clearly, her need to show independence, her pushing boundaries and trying to get a reaction, her not wanting to eat anything besides cereal, cheese or toast!

Our latest challenge is a combination of all these things I think. Collins has been swatting at/hitting/pushing other kids lately. It's a problem. It's embarrasing. It's got to stop. I've been doing some research on it, and I think she is either trying to communicate with the kids, get a reaction out of me, or testing her limits. Regardless, I am desperate to stop the behavior or no one is ever going to want to hang out with us again!

If anyone has any words of wisdom on this toddler problem- please help! In the meantime, I will be trying some new strategies and reminding myself that my sweet, fun girl is only going through a phase. :)



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment