Friday, August 17, 2012

18 Months!

Collins officially became a 1 1/2 year old on Monday. She celebrated her half birthday by sleeping in; we celebrated the milestone by treating her to her first-ever ice cream cone.

It started out really cute...


and quickly degenerated...


to a chocolate disaster and a quick exit out of Goodberry's. Do I need to say she loved it?


We had our 18-month check-up this morning and learned that:

1) Collins is tall (she's 33 1/2" and has increased to the 93rd percentile)

2) Collins is smart (she can already say about 30 words which is advanced for her age)

3) Collins is badly behaved at times (she threw a temper tantrum in the doctor's office and tested me all morning with defiant behavior)

As excited as I am by #1 and #2, I'm equally distraught by #3. I feel like we're entering a new stage that will test our parenting skills and patience. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment