Wednesday, January 11, 2012

High Anxiety


This is Park City, UT, where we're headed on Friday for a ski trip.



This is the little cutie who will not be coming with us and thus the source of my anxiety...

Am I excited to be traveling somewhere new, somewhere where we can relax, ski, eat good food, sit in a hot tub, sleep in and be responsibility-free for a weekend? ABSOLUTELY!

Am I having major anxiety because I have never left my baby for more than 8 hours at a stretch and don't know how I'll handle being away from her for 3 1/2 days? Without a doubt.

Other irrational fears include:
How can our plane not drop out of the sky if we are traveling on Friday, the 13th?
If I'm not there to watch Collins every second of the day, how could she not choke on a puff?
Will she get mad at us for leaving for so long and not like us when we get back?

Collins and I have logged lots of together time in the last year so this is going to be hard. I am going to miss her very much, but I know it will be good for us to get away. Plus, us leaving gives six grandparents the chance to spend lots of good, quality time with her. I know we'll have a fabulous trip. But I have one message for our wonderful babysitters- keep your phones close- you will be hearing from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment