Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kiawah 2011

At last year's beach trip, I had just found out I was pregnant. That meant I couldn't enjoy the all-important wine/cheese cocktail hour or the hot tub, but we did enjoy talking about the "blueberry" growing inside of me. Well one year later, here's our blueberry ready for her first official week in paradise.


I love everything about our week at Kiawah- the endless options of yummy food, lounging under the umbrella at the beach reading a good book, exploring the island via bike and generally escaping life and all its stresses by relaxing with the fam in one of my favorite places on the planet. Some favorite shots from the week (warning they are baby heavy, can't help it)...



 



 
She had fun playing in her tent on the beach...









Fantastic landscape shots taken by my sister, the photographer...


Me and Collins on the boardwalk...









And a couple of firsts happened for Collins while at the beach...

First dip in the pool...







First forray into solid foods with some rice cereal (determined this was necessary after a few sleepless nights)...


First t-shirt...







And first attempt at standing...


It was an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment